Hello, all! Last night Mary and I both showed up to cheer on friends who were competing in a dance competition. The competition was held at Famous Dave’s, where Davina and the Vagabonds put on a great show. We snuck out between rounds to take a few pictures!
Here’s what we wore:
Dress- Vintage, via Mighty Swell
Necklace- Vintage charms from my grandmother, a key and a teapot from Egypt.
Kelsey and I have decided that our “together post” would be posted every Monday, so if those are your favorites, be sure to check back every Monday!! This is actually what we wore yesterday. We both spent our Sunday morning the way we love to; at Aster, in Minneapolis. The atmosphere is great, the food is delicious, the people are wonderful and the live band, Patty and the Buttons is always so much fun! Every Sunday morning at Aster is a lovely one. If you live close by, we highly recommend it!
2. Rocking one of my favorite little guys when he woke up scared at naptime. We sat in the rocking chair and rocked for 15 minutes, with him all wrapped up in his blanket, curled in towards me. Anytime I’d slow down, he looked up and said a muffled “wock” through his nook.
3. Happening upon a sale at Anthropologie.
4. Meeting and getting to know new people.
5. Girly sleepovers.
6. Changing the sound of my alarm clock- I actually wake up now!
7. Liking my old favorite cereal, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, again. (It’s all I ate for 3 and a half years straight, then I lost my taste for it… now I like it again!)
8. Complementing strangers.
9. Wearing my Norwegian sweater overtop of my outfit and under my coat just to stay warm.
10. Being the only girl on the broomball court, being the referee, and wearing lipstick. (Not a conscious decision, but I laughed when I looked in the mirror afterwards!)
Well, we’ve decided that instead of simply telling people to check out our blog, we’d like to hand them something tangible. We’re working on watercoloring our business cards as I write this! (Well, Little Mary is, at least. I’m obviously posting right now.) Here’s what we wore today.
I’ve just realized that when I had the idea to (or rather, others told me I ought to) create a fashion blog, I thought through almost everything- save that I do not own a camera. Mine was stolen this summer when some big old meanie smashed a window on my car, stole my purse- containing my camera and wallet with 3 dollars in cash, bought 300 dollars worth of groceries for their starving family (I like to think the best in people) and lots of gas. They then stupidly dropped off what they thought was not valuable near the dumpster at a Target. Silly thief- they ought to have sold my purse and wallet on e-bay. They’d have made a whole lot more that way. Thankfully, I got back my ID, epi-pen, and a filled up Tea Garden stamp card. Score.
Point of the story? These pictures are from my roommate’s iPhone.
Maybe at some point I’ll attempt to learn how to pose. Or look less awkward in pictures. For now, it is what it is.
My favorite part of this dress? I can wear it either way. The tag is in the back, but I could easily flip it and wear it as a scoopneck dress.
I’ve always wanted a “sparkle” dress, and when I went home, my mom bought me one! I emerged halfway through getting ready, and my 3 year old nephew raised his eyebrows (I believe the sequins overwhelmed him) and said “Oh, auntie- you look cute!” When I told him I wasn’t finished getting ready but wanted a picture with him, he decided we could dance to music and take pictures. He then ran off to his playroom to “get ready” also. I wore this to a benefit dinner that I attended and taught a dance lesson at, then had my roommate take pictures once I got home.
Dress- S.L. Fashions.
Stockings- Nicole Miller. First time wearing them, and I snagged them with a new lapis ring. Bummer.